Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lazy Sunday

Today we didn't have Rally Obedience Class because Luna's trainer was at a Rally-O trial. We were going to go to the trail to watch, but didn't because Luna is having allergies and has a runny and itchy nose. She keeps scratching her nose and licking it because its runny. I didn't feel like driving 4 hours to stress her out if she didn't feel well in the first place.


For breakfast I had an orange then later some oatmeal because I didn't feel well this morning. The oats I made were Banana Walnut Oats and boy were they yummy!!!


It is simple to make...I use the Eat-Clean way of making oats. 1/2 cup of dry oats in the bowl and pour 1 cup of boiling water over them, cover the bowl with a plate for 5-10 minutes and voila...perfect oatmeal!!!
for this flavor I also put in 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I am on topamax and can't stop loosing weight), cut up 1/2 of a banana, and 1 handful of walnuts. It was very yummy and what I needed for an upset tummy!
For Lunch I made a wrap, not a great picture...I couldn't get a good one
I have been making these for a few days now in various different ways.
1 flat out wrap
spread with guac
load with broccoli slaw, red pepper strips, scallion, sprout salad
top with salsa
wrap and grill on stove top grill for a couple of minutes!
Afternoon snack was Miso Soup....yep I can whip that up in a snap with the help of my Moosewood cookbook!
1 tablespoon of light Miso in the bowl, make a paste with 1/4 cup of boiling water.
place in the bowl sliced scallion, cubed tofu (in small cubes), 1 tablespoon Wakame soaked in water and drained, in this soup I used a few pieces of mushroom. Pour enough boiling water over the ingredients to make the soup (about the rest of the cup)...and Enjoy!!!!
Dinner was OK. I tried the Kashi cheeseless pizza, I had to jazz it up some. I think I will stick to making my own pizza. I put Frank's Red Hot on it. Now that I have a fresh bottle of it, more than likely I will put it on everything!
I also had a sweet potato, which was very very yummy...but I stuffed myself and now have a tummy ache again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment