Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Roasted Potatoes

Well I worked all weekend. I made this salad to bring with me all weekend. It was packed with good veggies and protein to fuel me all night long.

  • It is loaded with whole wheat couscous
  • red pepper
  • olives
  • zucchini
  • grape tomatoes
  • scallions
  • Italian baked tofu
  • extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar

When I got home yesterday my throat started hurting. I took some tylenol and went to bed. When I got up it was a little worse. By evening it was hurting so bad I could hardly swallow or even talk. I was hungry though so I made this

A nitrate free all beef hot dog (I stole it out of the frozen ones for the doggies treats) with barbecue sauce on it and some roasted sweet and yukon gold potatoes. They were so good, but hurt going down! After that I had several juice popcicles to try and soothe my throat. Oh and some more tylenol and advil.

Today my throat is worse. I had a popcicle for breakfast when I got up. Then for lunch I made a hemp smoothie with frozen mango. I went to get the mail and this was there

Its an Element Bar , I'm very excited to try it once my throat stops hurting! If I like it, I'm going to create some just for me!

1 comment: