Friday, May 29, 2009

The Big Green!

Well today was much better for me! I still feel really congested, but its getting better! I didn't eat breakfast because I wasn't hungry, I know that's very bad. I hate doing that. But by noon I was feeling like I wanted soup (I wanted some yesterday) and I needed some veggies so I went to the store. On the way I had a ginger snap Larabar.
The store didn't have the kind of soup I wanted. I really wanted chicken tortilla soup, but I settled on this
In the bowl it doesn't look very appetizing at all!
It was alright. Definitely not my favorite Amy's soup, but I thought I would try something new. I also got veggie barley for when another soup desire hits!
When I got home my Vitacost box was on the porch with this in it
YAY!!! I was so happy!!! Also some sunscreen and banana chips. The doggies tasted the chips and gave them 4 paws and 1 nub up! I love this flavor of protein powder with frozen mango!
I found something fun at the store and had to get it. I had never seen it before...but does that mean its brand new or I just walked by with a blind eye?Um Hello YUM!!!It is so tasty!! I had some after my dinner with some Green Mountain Corn Strips. I am pretty sure I can make this myself, but I had never thought of it. I will be trying it this week because I already ate 1/2 of this tub!!!
For dinner tonight I made a stir-fry over Kashi grains. I just used some broccoli, carrot, and 1/2 of a red pepper. The Kashi was very good! I had never had it before. I saved the left over to put in my oats tomorrow morning! The sauce I used was a Seeds of Change simmer sauce, I can't remember which one, but it was very spicy! Helped clear out my sinuses!
For dessert I decided to try something I have seen here in "blogland". A Green Monster!
It was very good! Tastier than I thought it would be! I used....
  • a handful of spinach
  • a banana
  • 1/4 of an avocado
  • about a cup of almond milk
  • a few pieces of frozen tropical fruit

I was swayed by the raves of clear skin and lots of energy! lets see if that holds true! I would love it if my skin cleared up with the help of drinking one of these everyday! It also helped calm my stomach from the antibiotics tearing it up this evening.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - thanks for the comment on my blog! I'll be sure to check yours out too :)

    ReplyDelete